Prime has been named as a finalist in the ‘Developer of the Year’ category for the HealthInvestor Awards 2021, following a record number of entries.
The HealthInvestor Awards promote excellence and recognise outstanding performance in the independent healthcare sector. Prime gained the accolade last year of winning the Developer of the Year category for the first time.
This year’s submission focused on Prime’s work over the last 12-months. This work has driven development projects valued at £440m across 2,138,080 sqft of high-quality health and care real estate, raising the profile of healthcare with property investors.
Despite the challenges of the global pandemic and national lockdowns, Prime’s strength and character, as well as strong relationships with clients and contractor partners, ensured we successfully achieved planning consent and financial close on five schemes in 2020.
The projects span acute and elderly care, including:
- A seven-floor car park at Dorset County Hospital, delivering a self-imposed 12% net gain in biodiversity improvements
- A Park and Ride facility for staff at University Hospital Southampton and new sustainable transport infrastructure to the City of Southampton
- A 1,600-space car park at University Hospital Coventry, tackling one of the hospital’s biggest challenges in getting patients and staff into the hospital on time and stress free
- Two multi-storey car parks at Sandwell Hospital in West Bromwich and City Hospital in Birmingham, bringing almost 1,000 spaces to two hospital sites in different planning authorities to meet the demands of site expansion
- A 74-bed care home in Worcester, providing much needed elderly residential care and local jobs.
Leighton Chumbley, Chief Executive, said: “Our ability to deliver spaces that bring positive, impactful change to people’s lives is what kept our team pushing onwards during the challenges of last year.
“Following a year that saw us all live through a global pandemic, I’m immensely proud that Prime has been shortlisted again for Developer of the Year. It is a testament to one of our organisational values – a commitment to delivery. We ensured that the pandemic wouldn’t stand in the way of our clients’ progress.”
Winners will be decided by an independent panel of high-profile judges and announced at a celebratory gala dinner on 13th September at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House, London.